In case you were wondering, the fat is the verbiage that adds absolutely nothing to your work. Most likely they are those unnecessary words that take up space. Here's a few of them:
In almost all situations cutting the word "just" makes the sentence much stronger and less demanding or needy. Examples:
- I just wanted to say goodnight.
- If you would just pay me tonight I can buy the tickets.
The only thing "going to" does to a sentence is make it more wordy and harder to follow. Instead remove "going to" and replace it with "will". Examples:
- I am going to find that book before work.
- Michael is going to forget how to play the piano if he doesn't practice soon.
In most cases "that" is usually an unnecessary word and weakens the sentence. Examples:
- Did you know that elephants have amazing memories?
- I love the outfit that Beyonce wore at the Grammy's.